Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Farmer's Daugther by Dawn Stoltzfus

I absolutely loved cooking out of this cookbook.  I tried several recipes out of this book and all of them were a hit with my family.  That's saying a lot since I have to please a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old. 

Our favorite food that we made was the potato soup.  It was very easy and very quick.  It didn't require a lot of ingredients, but just your usual prep work of a few things.  I really liked that the recipe didn't call for any shortcuts with pre-packaged foods.  Most of them used normal ingredients that didn't come in a jar!  I love cooking homemade and found that this was recipe was a one that would be used again many times over the winter months.

I also did the pumpkin spice latte and it was really good, as well.  Of course, since I have had Starbucks mostly, I had expected the taste of their drink.  It took me a few sips, but once I got it in my head that it would never and was never expected to have that taste, I enjoyed it.  What I enjoyed most about that recipe was the story above it that spoke about her mom making it for her after a long trip.  While I drank it, I imagined what it must have been like.  I'm sentimental like that, so I enjoy the personal stories over recipes.

One that I'm looking forward to making over Thanksgiving is the Toasted Butter Pecan Cake and I really want to try the Granola balls, too. 

This cookbook is one that I know I will probably try every recipe because most of them are normal ones that a family tends to eat on a weekly basis.  They are not time-consuming recipes, but taste wonderful because they are homemade.  That's the kind of recipe book I look for!
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment