I was hooked on this book from the first page. I must say, I don't always read the back of the book to find out an overview before I begin reading a book. I like to be surprised and try to figure out if the cover will give me any clues as to what the book is about. Let me just say that this cover was definitely not what I thought the book was about! Had I read the back of the book, I would have totally understood! I figured it had to do with a relationship, but I was thinking it was a romance book.
It is a romance book, to some degree. Annalise has a husband and 3 children and is the poster mom of perfection. She seems to have it all and to have a perfect life. Her husband is running for mayor and she seems to be the perfect mayor's wife. However, her past means that she doesn't need to be in the spotlight or she could put her family and herself in a deathly situation.
I loved this plot because I had not read much about the Witness Protection before and I found it very interesting. It was heartbreaking to think about having to tell my children goodbye for their own protection and to never know anything else about them. When I read the back where Susan May Warren talks about where she got the idea for this book, I was stunned. I guess that I never realized that people really do have to tell their families goodbye. It brought tears to my eyes when I thought of the poor lady on a plane to tell her daughter goodbye for a final time, knowing she'd never know what she'd grow up to be or what her life held for her.
I was flipping pages, anxious to find out what happens to Annalise and her family. Would she choose to disrupt her life again and start new? Could she really give up her family twice? I can't say enough about this plot because it was so intriguing to me. I found myself thinking about this book long after I closed it for the final time. This is a book that will demand your attention once you start reading!
__________________
To read more reviews on this book, go to: http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/you-dont-know-me-by-susan-may-warren-200-weekend-getaway-giveaway-and-facebook-party-1023
__________________
I received this book free from Tyndale House Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment