Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Bouquet of Love by Janice Thompson

A Bouquet of Love, Weddings By Design Series #4   -     By: Janice Thompson
This is probably one of my top series in chick-lit or contemporary fiction. I've read every book, starting with Bella and her story. I laugh in them and find them a good book to come home to and read after a long day. Janice Thompson does a great job with her characters. I couldn't even imagine up some that she does. For example, the Splendora sisters are a handful and a lot of fun. I'm curious how she has come up with such fun, funny, and very opposite characters.

This book focuses on a Greek family who has come to Texas. Babbas is hilarious with Uncle Laz. However, it was a little sad to watch his relationship with his family turn to one of fear. It showed me how quickly our good intentions and our expectations of our family members can hold them back and make them and us miserable.

I couldn't help but laugh at the many instances where they were cavorting with the enemy. All I could picture is My Big Fat Greek Wedding mixed with an Italian family that I've gotten to know well! And Alex....dreamy Alex.....at least to Cassia he is. I liked how they had problems but the hit it off from the start. That part is dragged out in a lot of books, so it was nice to go ahead and get that out of the way.

I really hope there will be more books with the Rossi's. I've truly enjoyed each one of them!
___________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment