
After reading the first book in the new Angels Walking series, I was really excited to read the second book. I was glad there wasn't a long wait between the first and second book.
This book stays true to the same style of writing that I have come to love by Karen Kingsbury. It is a real life scenario and though the characters may not be into the same job as I am, their struggles are ones that are easy to relate to. They each have such a unique story that it's impossible to forget.
I like that this book tied back into the first one where we first met Tyler and Sami. It was good to get an update and to watch their story continue to grow. That's the thing I liked so much about the Baxter series... although the stories focused on different people, we never lost contact with our old favorite characters! The same is true in this series and I love that about this series.
Mary Catharine did frustrate me some, although I can understand why she made some of the decisions she did. I'm assuming that the next book will be focusing mostly on Mary Catharine. I hope I get the ending that I really want!
Marcus is a sweetheart and I couldn't help but like him. He was easy to feel his heart. He hadn't made the best choices in life, but I think we all can say that about a time in our own lives. For him to know he was forgiven was a wonderful celebration.
I'm not normally a person who likes to read fiction about angels because I feel like sometimes authors let their imaginations run wild with what angels can and can't do and it becomes less based on what Scripture says angels can and can't do. I appreciate that Kingsbury doesn't do this. She uses her imagination, of course, but does stay true to what Scripture says about angels. I'm thankful she doesn't compromise on this.
I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on book 3. I hope there's not a long wait for it!
___________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment