The thing I remember most (and look forward to the most) about a book write by Melissa Tag is how she inserts her humor into a book. Her stories are always so enjoyable to read and hard to put down. It's a great summer book! This book has it all--humor, romance, real-life issues, imperfect families and lives, redemption.Kate Walker is a girl that I liked from the beginning. However, she did frustrate me a little because of her inability to just let go. I understood why, of course, but I wanted her to come to terms with herself and realize what the reader had already figured out about her! She could be happy, if she just chose to take a few risks.
Colton seems to have lost it all. However, it was in losing what he thought was all, where he actually gained more than he could ever imagine. He fit in so well at Maple Valley and there's no way he could go back to his old way of life. Of course, I liked how Colton stayed by Kate's side in the good and the bad. However, he does have to find a way to convince Kate that he's worth taking a risk on. That's not easy to do, by all means, when someone is dead set against it.
I still remember each book I've read by Melissa Tagg. For some reason, they have become unforgettable in my head. I'm not for sure if it's because of the covers or the stories, but she has etched a mark in my memory. Definitely looking forward to her next book!
___________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment