Our children have experienced the death of 4 loved ones in the past year. Each were Christians, so we know they are in heaven. We have had the question "Where is heaven?" asked to us many times. I was thrilled to see a book about this question that I could read to my children.I appreciated that the book doesn't speculate where heaven is. It doesn't say it's "up in the clouds" or anything like that. In fact, it doesn't answer the question of how far away heaven is. We don't know how far away it is and I'm glad that it pointed children in the right direction and didn't deviate from what Scripture teaches.
In the book, Zachary's Papa dies and Zachary wonders where his Papa is. He is told that his Papa is in heaven, and of course, he wonders where heaven is. Zachary learns that heaven is a place with no more sickness and his Papa is glad to be in heaven with Jesus. He also learns that Jesus is in heaven, too.
The story was a little choppy, in my adult opinion. However, the kids liked it and it didn't seem to bother them. I struggled with the flow because it felt like it left out some important information.
Having lost my grandfather, the kids related to this book very easily since the grandpa dies.
______________
I received this book free from Ambassador International in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment