Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Where Trust Lies by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan

Where Trust Lies, Return to the Canadian West Series #2   -     By: Janette Oke, Laurel Oke Logan
Janette Oke holds a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf. Her books were the first ones I ever read in Christian fiction. As a teen, I was given the Canadian West series to read, as well as some of the other books she wrote. I was hooked from the moment I began reading. To this day, she is still one of my favorites and the Canadian West series is one that I still remember despite it being years since I've last read the series. Needless to say, I was very excited to continue on the journey with the Return to the Canadian West series. I had been looking forward to book #2 being released.

The story picks up with Beth Thatcher and Jarrick. Beth takes a cruise with the women in her family and has to remind herself to be excited about the opportunity. Jarrick and Beth have to figure out a way to make the long distance work.

I enjoy the Thatcher family. I was surprised to realize that the character I came to love the most was Mrs. Thatcher. There was one sweet, tender moment between Mrs. Thatcher and Beth that I just loved. Her conversation with her daughter, along with her father's advice, was a special moment in the book.

The book has some suspense, romance, and wonderful family moments between the Thatcher family. They come face to face with having to choose whether they will give in to their fears or if they will hand their fears over to God.

Now I'm hoping that book #3 comes out relatively soon and I don't have to wait a year to read it!
______________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment