
This book made me feel like I was on a vacation every time I picked it up. I'm not certain what it was about it, but I truly looked forward to reading this book throughout my day. It could be that its centered around having a destination wedding, which in this case is the beach in Destin, Florida.
I must admit that I was a little surprised by this book and the direction it took. I was expecting a different ending than what happened. I'm not disappointed, though, because I had mixed feelings about the whole wedding she was having anyway.
Vanessa, Ted, Logan, and Mindy are all easy to like and relate to. I wasn't too certain about Ted in the beginning. It wasn't that he was bad, but I felt that he was a little dry and didn't have much of a personality. Vanessa is good at running away from things instead of reaching out in relationships. I couldn't easily relate to her because she came across as more withdrawn. However, I did like her for some reason and really enjoyed reading her story.
Beth Vogt did an excellent job making this a destination wedding that you won't easily forget. I'm looking forward to this new series of destination weddings. What a great idea she had for this series!
Read more reviews on this book at: http://litfusegroup.com/author/bvogt.
________________
About the Book
Crazy Little Thing Called Love: A Destination Wedding Novel (Howard, June 2015)
Wedding bells and storm clouds collide in the first engaging novel in a brand-new series about destination weddings, the power of love, and the possible mishaps and missteps that happen on a couple’s journey down the aisle to “I do.”
Paramedic Vanessa Hollister has put her adolescence behind her, including the unwanted label of being the new kid in town over and over again, thanks to her father’s military career. She’s overcome what her mother called “the biggest mistake of her life” and is planning an elegant destination wedding in Destin, Florida with her new fiancĂ©. But will the reappearance of her first husband from her what-were-you-thinking teenage elopement disrupt her dream of an idyllic beach wedding?
As a professional storm chaser, Logan Hollister is used to taking risks. However, a reckless decision during the last tornado season has him questioning the future of his team, the Stormmeisters. Coming face to face with his ex-wife eight years after their divorce compels him to confront his greatest regret: losing Vanessa. Does their past give him the right to interfere with her future?
A fast-moving, powerful hurricane throws Vanessa and Logan together as they evacuate to a storm shelter along with other residents of the Florida Gulf Coast. Forced to spend time together, the pair battles unexpected renewed feelings for each other.
Vanessa and Logan are faced with a choice: Should they accept, once and for all, their teenage marital mistake? Or is God offering them a second chance at happily ever after?
Learn more and purchase a copy.
Wedding bells and storm clouds collide in the first engaging novel in a brand-new series about destination weddings, the power of love, and the possible mishaps and missteps that happen on a couple’s journey down the aisle to “I do.”
Paramedic Vanessa Hollister has put her adolescence behind her, including the unwanted label of being the new kid in town over and over again, thanks to her father’s military career. She’s overcome what her mother called “the biggest mistake of her life” and is planning an elegant destination wedding in Destin, Florida with her new fiancĂ©. But will the reappearance of her first husband from her what-were-you-thinking teenage elopement disrupt her dream of an idyllic beach wedding?
As a professional storm chaser, Logan Hollister is used to taking risks. However, a reckless decision during the last tornado season has him questioning the future of his team, the Stormmeisters. Coming face to face with his ex-wife eight years after their divorce compels him to confront his greatest regret: losing Vanessa. Does their past give him the right to interfere with her future?
A fast-moving, powerful hurricane throws Vanessa and Logan together as they evacuate to a storm shelter along with other residents of the Florida Gulf Coast. Forced to spend time together, the pair battles unexpected renewed feelings for each other.
Vanessa and Logan are faced with a choice: Should they accept, once and for all, their teenage marital mistake? Or is God offering them a second chance at happily ever after?
Learn more and purchase a copy.
Beth K. Vogt
Beth K. Vogt believes God’s best often waits behind the doors marked “Never.” A 2015 RITA® Finalist and a 2014 Carol Award finalist, Beth is a contemporary romance novelist with Howard Books. Her 2014 novel, "Somebody Like You," was one of Publisher’s Weekly’s Best Books of 2014. In 2015 she introduced her destination wedding series with both an e-novella, "Can’t Buy Me Love," (May) and a novel, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (June).
_________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment