Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Now & Forever by Mary Connealy

#2: Now and Forever  -     By: Mary Connealy
When I picked this book up and started reading, I immediately remembered the first book in this series and every detail. I remembered the Wilde sisters and Tucker and Sunrise and Counter, and of course, Aaron. I'm an avid reader, so for me to remember each of these character shows me that Mary Connealy did an excellent job with making strong, unforgettable characters that I immediately was able to recall. It's not uncommon for me to have to look back at a previous review to see what I had forgotten about each book in the series. I absolutely did not have to do that at all with this series. Who can forget Shannon's love for sheep and the argument about how useless and stupid those creatures are!

The Wilde sisters are hilarious. I was hooked from the opening chapter of this story. Connealy does a wonderful job adding lots of humor into her characters and making them easy to connect to. The dialogue between Tucker and Shannon had me laughing at certain points in the story.

I wouldn't say the story is suspenseful, although there is a little suspense. I had it narrowed down to two choices by the end, with a pretty good idea of what was going to happen. With that said, there's enough twists and lots of humor and story to tell, that this book is anything but boring.

I'm looking forward to reading the third book in this series. I'm assuming it will focus on Bailey because her story hasn't been told yet. I imagine more will come out about what they saw at war, too. Right now, she's probably my least favorite of the Wilde sisters for some reason. However, I'm sure that will change.
____________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment