Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Reservations for Two by Hillary Manton Lodge

#2: Reservations for Two: A Novel of Fresh Flavors and New Horizons  -     By: Hillary Manton Lodge
I actually recognized the author's previous book based on not only the title, but also the cover of the book. It was different from the first one but it was just enough alike to remind me that I liked the previous book and had wanted to read her next book. There are times where I have to google the author to be sure I remember her books, so it's always a pleasant surprise when I remember what a book was about without having to do a little reminder session!

This book picks up where the first one left off. Juliette has her plate full. She is trying to balance family life, love life, and work life. I'm pretty sure this is something we all can relate to! As if that isn't enough, a bombshell is dropped on her and her family is suddenly walking a dark long hard journey through cancer that so many people can relate to.

In my opinion, you definitely need to read A Table by the Window first. The books flow together that a lot would definitely be lost if you were missing some of the information in the first book. The characters flow from one book to the next, so this is definitely a series that needs to be read in order.

Hillary Manton Lodge does an excellent job in hooking her reader and making them have that attachment to the characters from the starting page. By the end, she has me wanting to read the last book that isn't out yet! Oh, the anticipation!
_____________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment