If I were to name a favorite author in the historical fiction category, it would definitely be Sarah Sundin. Her books are full of history and you can tell she does her research well before she starts writing. I have read many of her books and have enjoyed each one so far.Through Waters Deep didn't disappoint me at all. The first book in her new series, Waves of Freedom, focuses its time in 1941. The reader is introduced to, and instantly hooked on, Jim and Mary. I was captured by this story from the first page.
I found this book to be relative to today in some ways. For instance, America didn't really expect or believe what was going on in the European countries. History is repeating itself in some ways today and you can see a little of that parallel in this book. It definitely made me think about the years we are living in now.
I couldn't help but respect Jim and Mary as their story unfolded. They learn of a sabotage and they know they have to stop it and figure out who is behind it. I really liked the suspense that Sarah Sundin put into this book. I wasn't necessarily expecting it, since I don't usually read the synopsis of the book that is placed on the back of the book. I like the element of surprise.
If I had to choose a favorite character, it would be Mary. She was strong, courageous, and not without things that she had to overcome. She had the fear, but also knew that fear couldn't paralyze her if she was going to be able to save lives. When placed in a dangerous situation, she acted.
I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series. What a wonderful book this was! Don't just take my word for it, though. Check out what others thought at http://litfusegroup.com/author/SSundin.
_______________
Through Waters Deep (Revell, August 2015)
It is 1941 and America teeters on the brink of war.
Outgoing naval officer Ensign Jim Avery escorts British convoys across the North Atlantic in a brand-new destroyer, the USS Atwood. Back on shore, Boston Navy Yard secretary Mary Stirling does her work quietly and efficiently, happy to be out of the limelight. Yet, despite her reserved nature, she never could back down from a challenge. When evidence of sabotage on the Atwood is found, Jim and Mary must work together to uncover the culprit. A bewildering maze of suspects emerges, and Mary is dismayed to find that even someone close to her is under suspicion. With the increasing pressure, Jim and Mary find that many new challenges–and dangers–await them.
Sarah Sundin takes readers to the tense months before the US entered WWII. Readers will encounter German U-boats and torpedoes, along with the explosive power of true love, in this hopeful and romantic story.
Learn more and purchase a copy.
_______________
Through Waters Deep (Revell, August 2015)
It is 1941 and America teeters on the brink of war.
Outgoing naval officer Ensign Jim Avery escorts British convoys across the North Atlantic in a brand-new destroyer, the USS Atwood. Back on shore, Boston Navy Yard secretary Mary Stirling does her work quietly and efficiently, happy to be out of the limelight. Yet, despite her reserved nature, she never could back down from a challenge. When evidence of sabotage on the Atwood is found, Jim and Mary must work together to uncover the culprit. A bewildering maze of suspects emerges, and Mary is dismayed to find that even someone close to her is under suspicion. With the increasing pressure, Jim and Mary find that many new challenges–and dangers–await them.
Sarah Sundin takes readers to the tense months before the US entered WWII. Readers will encounter German U-boats and torpedoes, along with the explosive power of true love, in this hopeful and romantic story.
Learn more and purchase a copy.
Sarah Sundin
Sarah Sundin is the author of "With Every Letter," "On Distant Shores," "In Perfect Time," and the Wings of Glory series. In 2014, "On Distant Shores" was a finalist for the Golden Scroll Awards from both AWSA and the Christian Authors Network. In 2011, Sarah received the Writer of the Year Award at the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. A graduate of UC San Francisco School of Pharmacy, she works on call as a hospital pharmacist. During WWII, her grandfather served as a pharmacist's mate (medic) in the Navy and her great-uncle flew with the US Eighth Air Force in England. Sarah lives in California with her husband and three children._______________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment