Friday, October 23, 2015

Whitney Miller's New Southern Table Cookbook by Whitney Miller

Whitney Miller's New Southern Table: My Favorite Family Recipes with a Modern Twist  -     By: Whitney Miller
This cookbook was everything I hoped it would be and more. I absolutely love the beautiful pictures inside and the stories of reminiscing and Whitney Miller's own personal thoughts on certain dishes. Each recipe begins with this wonderful introduction, which made me immediately want to invite some people over and start cooking.

It's not often when I get a new cookbook and I want to cook every single recipe inside. In fact, I think there may be only 1 or 2 that I have cooked everything out of it. This book is going to be added to that shelf. There was not one recipe that didn't churn up some memories or excitement for me. As I was going through it, I was already planning ahead for Thanksgiving and making a list of some wonderful dishes to try.

Another wonderful thing about this cookbook is that there are several gluten-free recipes included, as well. I appreciated that sensitivity to those with different diets who need an alternative but would love to eat some good food.

The recipes are made from a list of ingredients that I actually keep in my pantry. There wasn't anything extra special about the ingredients, which I love! The steps are simple and makes it so easy and quick for the home cook to follow. This makes cooking so much more fun and not quite a burden with a list of steps to follow that are difficult or time-consuming.

We tried the Seared Beef Tips and the Not Your Grandma's Roast. These were delicious! I have pretty much made my entire weekly meal plan from this cookbook. I can't wait to try all of these dishes--from breakfast to dessert, I'm anxious to see what my kids like!
_________________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment