
I have read some books by Jen Turano so I fully expected this book to be just as good (if not better) than her previous ones. I absolutely love her writing style because they are a good mixture of humor and serious. She is engaging and draws the reader in to her story from the very first pages. I also appreciate that she continued to bringing other characters from her previous books. I hate not knowing what previous characters are up to in a series! I'm endeared to an author when they tie the whole series together with some familiar things from book 1.
Although this book is the third book in the A Class of Their Own series, it definitely can stand alone. The reader wouldn't have the same level of excitement over seeing some familiar names pop up from the previous books, but they would definitely not be lost and could enjoy the book. I'm pretty certain, though, it would make them go out and by the first two books in the series! I am always impressed when authors write a book in a series that can stand alone and doesn't leave the reader confused and frustrated and trying to figure out who is who.
Now I'm left waiting to see what Jen Turano writes next.
To read more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/books/playing-the-part.
_______________
_______________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.






0 comments:
Post a Comment