I'll admit that I was a little on the fence when I first saw this book. I couldn't decide if it'd just one of those dog books that are cheesy or if it'd be something I'd actually enjoy and remember. When it came in the mail, I still was a bit hesitant. However, I'm not one to skip out on a book, so I was determined to keep an open mind and read it. It was an easy book to read and it was quite enjoyable. I liked all of the characters and Cal and Gina were absolutely funny.
This book included some things that I was thrilled, yet surprised to read. It does include a dog, Tippy, but it was wonderful to read about how she included baseball and a few other things. I loved Cal's uncle and all he had done.
As I was reading this book, I thought about how perfectly timed this book was in its release. It would make a perfect beach read or car trip book. It's lighthearted and just a good book to read when you're relaxed. If I had to offer one opinion, it would be about the cover. I understand why the dog is on the front, but to me it just made the book look like it was a quirky dog book. Since I've read the book, I think it's absolutely cute. However, I would suggest adding more than just the dog to the cover to make the readers gravitate towards the book without question.
Read more reviews about this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/dmentink.
_______________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.
DANA MENTINK

Dana Mentink lives in California, where the weather is golden and the cheese is divine. Dana is an American Christian Fiction Writers Book of the Year finalist for romantic suspense and an award winner in the Pacific Northwest Writers Literary Contest. Her suspense novel, Betrayal in the Badlands, earned a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award. Besides writing, she busies herself teaching third and fourth grade. Mostly, she loves to be home with her husband, two daughters, a dog with social anxiety problems, a chubby box turtle, and a feisty parakeet.
ABOUT THE BOOK

Sit, Stay, Love (Harvest House, April 2016)
Take one abrasive professional athlete, a quirky out-of-work schoolteacher, and an overweight geriatric dog, and you’re ready for a lesson in love . . . Tippy style.
Pro baseball pitcher Cal Crawford is not a dog guy. When he inherits his deceased mother’s elderly dog, Tippy, he’s quick to call on a pet-sitting service.
Gina isn’t thrilled to be a dog sitter when her aspirations lie in the classroom. Furthermore, she can’t abide the unfriendly Cal, a man with all the charm of a wet towel. But with no other prospects and a deep love for all things canine, she takes the job caring for Tippy.
As Gina travels through Cal’s world with Tippy in tow, she begins to see Cal in a different light. Gina longs to show Cal the God-given blessings in his life that have nothing to do with baseball or fame. When her longing blooms into attraction, Gina does her best to suppress it. But Cal is falling in love with her too…
Discover the charming story of Tippy, the dog who brought a family together.




0 comments:
Post a Comment