Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 1941 by Craig Shirley

When you hear people talk about December 1941, what do you think?  I think most people think back to WWII and Pearl Harbor.  At least I hope most people think of that so that this year is never forgotten. 

I love history, so I was intrigued by the title of this book and the great reviews that it had on it.  Also, my grandfather and I like to talk about WWII and things he remembered so I thought this would give us more to talk about! 

On December 6, 1941, America knew that they would have to be involved in the war at some point, but they really thought they would be in the European War.  Other countries wanted us in the war against Hitler but America wasn't quite ready at the time.  They had no idea of the plans Japan had concocted.  The Japanese fleet of boats and planes were able to move about undetected in the ocean and then surprise us with the unthinkable.  This book goes through the 31 days in December and what happened each day.  These were most probably the most important days for us in the war due to the huge amounts of loss of life. 

Not only was WWII going on, but you also had the Great Depression lingering about.  How would that fit into the war with not much money to spend?  That's talked about, too.

If you are in any way interested in history, you have to read this book.  Don't worry.  It's not like you reading a textbook like you did in school.  This book holds your interest and makes you want to find more history books written just like it.
_________________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

0 comments:

Post a Comment