Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Names of God Bible

I have been purposefully seeking out names of God and their meanings for a variety of reasons.  One of them is because I think it reminds us of who we are worshipping and you can't help but praise Him when you say the names of God.  With that said, this Bible TREMENDOUSLY helped me, as you can imagine by the name of the Bible. 

Written in the God's Word Translation, which uses the "closest natural language that is equivalent to that of the source meaning in the target language that is equivalent to that of the source language.  It seeks to express that meaning naturally, in a way that a native English speaker would speak or write.  Finally, it expresses the meaning with a style that preserves may of the characteristics of the source text."  I had honestly never used this translation before because I prefer the NLT or the ESV.  However, I like this Bible as a good study help, kind of like the Message.  It doesn't sum it up like the Message does, but it reads easily.

My favorite part of the Bible?  It translates the names of God throughout so that while you are reading, you know which name of God is being used. If you don't know what the meaning of God's name used there, you can flip to the front and find the listing with the definition.  I love it!  Sometimes, knowing what name of God is used in a passage helps provide more understanding and insight.

It's not a study Bible of passages, per say, but it is a Study Bible when it comes to the names of God.  Before each book of the Bible is a name of God with the definition, praying to that particular name of God, and what it means, as well as Scripture references to just a few places that name can be found.

Throughout the Scriptures, the names of God/Jesus are written in read so it stands out easily and makes it easier to pick out which name is being used.

If you are in any way interested in the names of God, get this Bible.  It's a great supportive resource to enhance your Bible study time.
___________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinon of this Bible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment