Saturday, August 4, 2012

Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan by Melanie Dobson

I was hooked on this book when I read about Mackinac Island in the very front of the book.  It set the stage for me as the intro and it made me fall in love with the island from the beginning.  I have never heard of Mackinac Island so I was interested to learn a little of the history about it.

Elena Bissette is looking for just the right person to marry who can make her future look a little more brighter than what it does at this particular moment.  But what does Elena long for more than anything?  To marry for love.  She wants to find someone and marry him because she loves him and he loves her.  Her family wants her to marry Chester, but Chester isn't really too interested in marrying "society girls."   

To get away from the pressures of her family and to find some alone time, Elena goes to a lighthouse where she finds some letters written by a woman to her husband.  She meets Chase and together they speculate as to what could have happened to both of these people and what they experienced in their lives. 

So which one will Elena find herself marrying?  Will it be someone she forces herself to love or someone that she is head over heels in love with despite the fact that he can't save her family?

To read more reviews about this book, go to: http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/13517085/melaniedobson

0 comments:

Post a Comment