Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I was hooked on this new series by Fisher, the Stoney Ridge Seasons, from the very first book which was The Keeper.  I had been looking forward to the rest of the series because I loved the characters from the first one! I was so excited when I opened Book 2, which is The Haven, and saw that I got a quick update on how life was going for a certain married couple and then it focuses in on Sadie Lapp and home life back on the Lapp farm.

Amos is doing well with his heart transplant, Sadie has brought home something that has caused people to have a certain opinion of her, and M.K. and Fern are still battling with their personalities. 

Sadie has just returned home after an extended stay away from Stoney Ridge.  Thanks to the package she brings with her home,she gets a lot of unfair judgment when people perceive the gift to be something of the reason why she left a few months back.  Before she left, Gideon Smucker thought he might be getting somewhere with his relationship with Sadie.  He loved her and even demonstrated honor and responsibility when Sadie brings her package home.  He still wants to marry her and soon.

Will Stoltz, and Englischer, is now living on the Lapp farm so he can watch the endangered peregrine falcons to make sure that no birdwatchers would disrupt them.  He has had some difficult things happen over the last 6 months and his father has arranged for him to learn hard work and stop being so lazy.  He doesn't want to do either, but he especially doesn't want his father to find out a little secret....so he carries on.  As he becomes better friends with Sadie, sparks start to fly.  This makes Gideon a little uneasy, but makes Will quite happy. 

Will Sadie learn to love Gideon again after his distrust of her, or will she be swept away by Will?

This book was just as good as the first book!  I loved the ending, because I wasn't quite for sure which way she would go.  I'm so glad she ended up with who I wanted her to end up with.  Now....when does book 3 get released?!

To read more reviews, go to: http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/13530005/thehaven

__________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment