
I really liked the cover of this book. With summer setting in, it showed me right away that it would be a nice, romantic book that would be perfect for relaxation. In fact, the water in the cover practically screamed relaxation to me!
Amanda Cabot has done a wonderful job, once again, of captivating me with her story. I was hooked from the first page and had a hard time setting this book down. The issues that this story brought up were something that many people can easily relate to.
Marissa has to struggle to forgive her father. As much as this book speaks on forgiveness, I also think it highlights the relationship a daughter wants to have with her father, whether he is there or not. It also speaks to the fact that sometimes God allows everything to be taken away so we can hear Him more and He gives us what we should have been asking for all along, if we'd only have known the big picture.
I liked how Blake and Marissa were the main characters, but there were several other characters that shared a big part of the book, too. Cabot did a wonderful job weaving their stories around Blake and Marissa and not making it feel like it had been oddly placed within.
I'm looking forward to reading book 3 in this Texas Crossroads Series.
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment