I was excited to read this book after receiving it in the mail. I'm fascinated with book on midwifery and the cover of the book intrigued me enough to want to read it quickly. This is the first book in the At Home in Trinity series. I wouldn't say it started out as a fast-paced book, but it didn't have to. I was engaged from the very beginning.Martha is a widow and has some personal struggles in her life, as well as in her work life. In order to be in the moment for her patients, she has to set aside her personal turmoil that she feels when she learns that her daughter has joined up with a troupe of performers. I could relate to her wanting to find her because any mother would want to find their baby!
Personal life aside, she also has to deal with the fact that midwifery may be in trouble. Doctors have now come onto the scene. In this small town, Martha is kept busy and her importance is realized and she has long been trusted by her patients. All of that could change, though, with this new doctor.
I am new to Delia Parr, but am definitely going to continue reading this series. I am looking forward to see where she takes the next book.
_________________
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Delia Parr is the author of sixteen historical and inspirational
historical romance novels, including Hearts Awakening, Love's
First Bloom, and Hidden Affections. The mother of three
grown children, she was a long-time high school teacher in
southern New Jersey before retiring to Florida.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Martha Cade comes from a long line of midwives who have served the families of Trinity, Pennsylvania, for generations. A widow with two grown children, she's hopeful that her daughter will follow in her footsteps, but when Victoria runs off, Martha's world is shattered.
Worse, a new doctor has arrived in town, threatening her job, and she can't remember a time when her faith has been tested more. Still determined to do the work she knows God intended for her, Martha is unprepared for all that waits ahead. Whether it's trying to stop a town scandal, mending broken relationships, or feeling the first whispers of an unexpected romance, she faces every trial and every opportunity with hope and faith.
If you would like to read the first chapter of The Midwife’s Tale, go HERE.
Worse, a new doctor has arrived in town, threatening her job, and she can't remember a time when her faith has been tested more. Still determined to do the work she knows God intended for her, Martha is unprepared for all that waits ahead. Whether it's trying to stop a town scandal, mending broken relationships, or feeling the first whispers of an unexpected romance, she faces every trial and every opportunity with hope and faith.
If you would like to read the first chapter of The Midwife’s Tale, go HERE.
__________________
I received this book free from CFBA and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.






0 comments:
Post a Comment