Wednesday, June 24, 2015

When Grace Sings by Kim Vogel Sawyer

#2: When Grace Sings  -     By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
This is such a beautiful cover. I don't know if it's because it uses my favorite colors or what exactly, but it screams relaxation to me just by looking at it. Well done on the cover!

Kim Vogel Sawyer is a staple on my bookshelf. I'm pretty certain I've read most of her books and have always enjoyed them. This is the second book in her series Zimmerman Restoration Series.

I always enjoy books that build off a previous one. I feel a deeper connection with the story because the reader grows to know the characters more. This book could be read alone, but has so much more meaning if you have read the first one in the series. However, if you're one of those people who doesn't mind starting in the middle of the series, then by all means, go for it! I think that you'll be able to quickly decipher what all is happening easily enough.

Another thing I appreciate about this book is it's unique writing style. I read a lot so I enjoy when I come across a book written just a little bit differently. This book is written from the point of view of four different people. I like getting each character's perspective on the different situation. It flowed beautiful with the perfect transitions and I never felt like I had been lost in the book.

Now I have to stay tuned to book 3 in this series because I need to have this story resolved. I'll warn you that there's not a definitely resolution yet.... you must hang out until book 3 is released!
__________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:

Post a Comment