Wednesday, June 10, 2015

When Mercy Rains by Kim Vogel Sawyer

When Mercy Rains   -     By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
This book is the first book in Kim Vogel Sawyer's new series, the Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy. I have always enjoyed Sawyer's books and have yet to read one by her that I have disliked. This book was such a wonderful start to this new series. I'm excited to see where she goes with the next two books!

My heart broke in several places in this book. The relationship between Suzanne and her mother was tense, to say the least. I can understand why because of some of the decisions Suzanne made, but the unforgiveness was sad. I can understand the disappointment from her mother, but I longed to see that relationship restored. Even after all of the pain that Suzanne experienced, I couldn't help but want her to have a happy ending.

The story landed itself to irony when Suzanne's brother contacts her. Who would have ever thought!However because of this, her life just may go in a different direction that she ever intended. Or maybe she dreamed of it long, long ago.

 I am looking forward to getting my hands on the next book in the series. It'll be a great book to take to the beach with me, I think!
_____________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment