Wednesday, January 4, 2012

7 Money Rules for Life by Mary Hunt

This was another book that I was a bit hesitant on.  I had honestly only heard Dave Ramsey's financial advice and had taken his class so I just usually don't really read anyone else's stuff on money.  Not because I think they're bad, but just because I live Dave.  However, after consideration, I figured that I wouldn't be a bad idea to read what Mary Hunt had to say.  I'm so glad I did!  And honestly, so is my husband!

I'm a very visual person so the diagrams that she uses and her thought processes made a lot of sense to me.  She broke it down into terms I could understand but she didn't make it on a level that was insulting either.  She has 7 rules for money that all families should abide by.  Her rules are:

1) Spend less than you earn
2) Save for the future
3) Give some away
4) Anticipate your irregular expenses
5) Tell your money where to go
6) Manage your credit
7) Borrow only what you know you can repay

After I finished reading this book, I was inspired to do our budget myself.  That never interested me before but I actually had a lot of fun with it.  My husband was glad to let me try the budget this month.  He usually does the budget but was willing to let me apply what I learned to see if this budget worked out better.  I'm excited to see how much we'll start saving and to battle that whole materialistic mindset that creeps into our lives and makes us want more, more, more.

_________________
Available January 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment