Addy doesn't like attention. She has goals in life and none of those goals include going on a reality television show where the President's son gets to choose his prom date. However, her school was chosen to send someone and so Addy was the one appointed to go. She tries to resist, but figures there must have been some reason God wants her there so she goes. None of the girls like her, except for one, Kara. They all think that she is trying to get all of the votes and will do anything to win the attention of Jonathan. She is far from that, though. She really is the opposite of what everyone is making her out to be. She's a girl who is struggling to let Christ shine through her discomfort and has to find a way to stand for Christ in a place where Christ is not popular.
Jonathan likes Addy from the beginning and would love to go on a date with her but Hank stands in his way. Hank hates Addy and will do anything for Addy to be off the show. How far will Hank go to get rid of Addy? Who will Jonathan choose? Or will his choice even really be his choice? Will Jonathan and Addy be together or will it be Jonathan and someone else? All these questions but one thing is clear: Addy wants to make it known that she will obey Jesus when her heart is scared.
This is a cute book that I enjoyed reading. I'm not sure what category it would fall under because it was almost a chick lit book but would make a great read for a teen. Some of the ideas were far fetched, but honestly, I never mind that when I'm reading a book. I think that a book is a place for me to escape to anyway, so anything can happen within the pages of a book. Some people don't like that though, so that would be my only caution about the book. Like I said, though, I liked that and it didn't deter me from enjoying this book. If you have a teen daughter who likes to read, this would be a great book for her.
I should also say that this book is a modern retelling of Esther and Mordecai. That in itself requires some scenes that are hard to believe. So do keep that in mind when you are reading this book. You may even want
_______________
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze® book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
________________





0 comments:
Post a Comment