I tend to forget how much race is an issue these days. I naturally assume that since I don't pay attention to the color of someone's skin, that everyone else does the same. However, this book reminded me that not everyone can see past the color of a person's skin. In fact, I think many don't. John Piper challenges you to look deeper. We all share the same bloodline so there should be no division. That's even more true in the Church. Race should never matter.
We can't overcome racial divisions by ourselves. We need Christ to help us overcome these divisions. The Gospel is very clear on what Jesus thinks of racial divides and persecution of others. Racism is a sin and needs to be dealt with just like all of the other sins. In the Church, there's not specific divisions. There's only descendants of Abraham.
I think this book is very applicable to this generation. We all need to be constantly reminded that God doesn't see race. He sees the person. With that said, we all have to work together for the Kingdom of God.
______________
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.





0 comments:
Post a Comment