Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where Wildflowers Bloom by Ann Shorey

Faith Lindberg and her grandfather are trying to move on from the memories of the Civil War and all that the war took from her family--her father and brother.  Convinced that going on the Oregon Trail is the only way to start a new life, she prepares for her and her grandfather to go.  There's only one thing that stands in her way, which would be selling the mercantile.  It has been in the family for so long and somehow she has to figure out a way to convince her grandfather to let it go.

When a new brother and sister move into town, she becomes fast friends with Rosemary.  She isn't quite for sure how to read her brother Curt but finds that she turns to him every time that she's in need or finds herself in a problem. 

Before the war, Royal Baxter had caught the attention of Faith and Faith was sure that when he returned from the war that they would get married.  The war came and went and there were no word of Royal.  One day, Royal comes riding into town and he becomes smitten with Faith.  However, when he does decide to propose to her, there's something in his proposal that doesn't sit just right.

Will Faith figure out Royal and his true intentions before she uproots her roots and heads to Oregon?  What does her grandfather hope for her?  Which man will finally say the words to her that she needs to hear?

I haven't ever read any books by Ann Shorey but I was pleasantly surprised that I was interested in this book from the first sentence.  I read this book fast and enjoyed every bit of it.  It was a little predictable and I had a feeling how the ending would turn out but I didn't predict the events that would lead to the ending.   I definitely want to read more of her books since I enjoyed her writing style so much.
_________________
If you're interested, there is a contest that Ann Shorey is offering that you can take part in.  To enter, go to http://www.annshorey.com/contest.html.
________________
Available January 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
_______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

1 comments:

Ann Shorey said...

Thank you for the review of Where Wildflowers Bloom! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. :)

Post a Comment