Love isn't easy. It's a risk that you choose to make, knowing that we will all die one day. We don't know when and we don't know how, but will we take the risk knowing that all could be stripped away from us at any moment? That question is one that Carissa wrestles with daily. She longs to truly be loved...not the kind of love that her now dead husband gave her. She knows love isn't shown by violence, but how can she possibly trust another man when all she has known about love has been from an abusive husband? However, when she looks at precious Gloria, her 2-year-old daughter, she sees a little girl that desperately needs a father in her life.
Tyler is a born rancher and loves nothing more than being with the cattle. He made the choice to fight with the South against the Union and now, because of that choice, he has lost his ranch and his home. It has been sold out from under him and as much as he wants a family, he has nowhere to take them to. Carissa has caught his eye, but how can he even begin to gain her trust? True, he did rescue her from dying once, but that doesn't make her trust him any more than the next guy. Throw in his anger against the Comanche for killing his pa and you've got a man who has to learn how to forgive and realizes that it is a choice to forgive or not. True forgiveness can only be given by God's grace and you see Tyler wrestling with what he knows that he should do against that which his human nature says would be okay to do.
This book is the third in the Land of the Lone Star series. I have somehow missed reading the first two, so now I feel like I need to track those down to read! I know I'm missing some details, like what got them to this point in the book, but I never felt lost with the characters or the plot at all. Tracie did a wonderful job of recapping what happened with just enough detail to intrigue me to check out the previous books, without giving away all of the information and leaving me no reason to buy the first two books in the series. She is definitely a writer that I will be reading more books by.
__________________
For more reviews about this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/TPeterson.
__________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of the book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment