Tom and Mellie find themselves loving the company of each other---through letter, of course. There's a hitch to keeping this letter writing thing going, though. Neither of them know the other person's identity. Being a girl (which really isn't the reason), Mellie actually does find out Tom's identity much faster than he finds out hers. Mellie tries to decide whether or not to reveal her true self to Tom, but is convinced that if he were to see her less-than-attractive-face-to-her, then he would want nothing else to do with her. Truth is, she needs him and his letters to help process all that she's gone through and seen. She needs him to heal. And unknowingly, Tom needs his precious Mellie (or Annie, if you're going by pen pal names) for all of those same reasons. With two people who have such a past that leaves them struggling to fit in, will they be able to reveal themselves and continue on with the relationship staying the same?
I really enjoyed this book, as well as Sarah's other books. I love the historical tidbits that she puts in her books. You can tell that she's done some research and has knowledge about the time period in which she writes. She's a fairly new writer to me, as I was only first introduced to her a few years ago, but I have come to find that she is also a writer that I do and will continue to seek out when I'm looking for a good book to read. I have yet to be disappointed by her!
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





1 comments:
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed Tom & Mellie's story!
Post a Comment