Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Fruitful Wife by Hayley CiMarco

This book was EXACTLY what I needed to read the time that I read it.  I was going through a tough stretch of parenting and was reminded of the fact that the fruit of the spirit were not designed for me, but for me to give to others.  That includes giving them to my children and most importantly, my husband.

I loved how she took the fruit of the spirit--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control--and showed where we, as wives and even moms, tend to fall into a trap with hoarding the fruits for ourselves.  Kindness isn't mean for us!  Yet, who tends to receive our kindness first?  Others.  And others meaning everyone but our family.  They are the ones who should reap from our kindness first because they are so close to us all of the time.

I loved Hayley's honesty through this book and how she shared where she falls and needs extra grace.  My favorite reminder was joy.  As wives and moms, we aren't always in the most joyful situations.  That doesn't meant that we can't show joy, though.  Because we have spent so much time at the feet of Jesus, we can be joyful even when we're tired and feel like we have nothing left to give.

I am thankful for this book and for it coming out at the same time that God knew that I needed to read these words and be reminded of being the wife He has called me to be.  What an encouragement to wives and moms everywhere!
_________________________
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment