In my last review of his previous book, which was my first one to read by him, I compared him to Nicholas Sparks. Now, in my own opinion, I think he's better! He has a way of making his characters so personal to his readers. I felt like I was in the trailer park with Aaron and then I had been transferred to the Vietnam War and was living through what 3 men thought would be the end of their lives. I felt as if I was peeking in on Karen and Dave's relationship and how Karen really felt about a dad that abandoned her after the war and then never made contact with her or her brother Steve again.
This book had a lot of history written into it and I found it fascinating. I know alot of the vets from Vietnam did not get the thanks they deserved from Americans. However, I think Dan's book is a wonderful fiction book that praises the vets and honors them. It's a book that has some true examples in it and is patterned after the lives of 2 vets. Above all, Walsh reminds us that we don't know every one's past. How often do we walk past the unknown heroes or brush them aside?
So....his next book comes out next when?! I can't wait much longer!
________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment