The stories of these women who have been sexually molested are heart wrenching. To know that a child has gone through something like this is hard to read, but it's a must in order to know how to help them...especially if you are the husband who is trying to help your wife heal.
There are chapters that explain the lies that she believes and why she believes them. The part that was very interesting to me was how they view their relationship with God. It is so different from the woman who has never been abused and has no trust issues. Broken into three parts, you will begin to understand the survivor, understand the healing process, and you will learn how to help.
I never realized that many of these women who have been sexually molested will feel the need to control things in her life since she lost control of many things, including her body, very early in life. It makes me think twice about those friends that I have that are very controlling in both conversation and relationships. Not that anything happened to them that I know of, but I can't say for certain that something in their life didn't happen that might have brought these type of behaviors to the surface.
I think the most encouraging part of this book is the last section that is questions for men. It answers some of the most asked questions that a husband has about his wife and helps him understand more of how to love his wife in the way that she needs.
__________________
For more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/when-a-woman-you-love-was-abused-by-dawn-scott-jones-blog-tour-and-women-redeemed-live-webcast-event-920
__________________
For more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/when-a-woman-you-love-was-abused-by-dawn-scott-jones-blog-tour-and-women-redeemed-live-webcast-event-920
__________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





1 comments:
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am finding the same thing to be true... the survivors themselves are reading my book and finding understanding of their own life, thoughts, and actions. I know it took me sometime to figure myself out.. why am I shutdown? why am I numb? why does that make me angry? It took awhile to connect the dots of my past to the present... but when I did, the whole picture came into focus. Abuse stole my innocent childhood. Today, I am so thankful to be healed, whole, and helping others find the same!
Post a Comment