Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Trouble with Cowboys by Denise Hunter


I had forgotten how much I loved Denise Hunter's writing until I read this book.  When I finish a book that was written by her, I always close it and think how much fun that books was to read and there's no way she'll top this particular book.  So it's definitely not a shock to me that I closed this book thinking there's no way in the world that her new series will be better than this one.  However, I'm sure she'll once again prove me wrong! 

Hunter's books are written so well and are light, fun reads.  She incorporates romance into this story, but adds her own touch of humor.  I was a little frustrated when Annie wouldn't let her guard down for what seemed like forever, but it resolved itself in a perfect way.  I could see myself in Annie because I think firstborns tend to think they need to "help" their sibling make choices.  It was a good reminder for me to let go and trust and pray.  Dylan has always been perfect in my eyes and am so glad he finally found the perfect girl for himself.

Sprinkled throughout, you get a little update of some of the characters in the previous two books, as well as you get to learn a little bit more about Luke and Sierra.  If this was the first book in the series that you would have read by her, you wouldn't have felt lost at all when the characters were mentioned.  It was just quick little mentions with the main focus on Annie and Dylan and a side focus on Sierra and Luke.

I saw that her new series comes out in 2013....I'm thinking they need to bump that date up a bit!  Perhaps I'll have to hunt down some of her older books to read because I'm going to miss her stories.
________________
Curious what others think?  You can see what others thought about this book by going to  http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/the-trouble-with-cowboys-by-denise-hunter-facebook-party-and-blog-tour
________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Thomas Nelson Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment