Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller

I was so sad at the very beginning of this book!  I hate to see in the prologue that a man's wife has died and left him with 4 girls and a 3-month-old baby.  However, as the story went along, I became less sad and was able to reconcile the fact that perhaps Ingrid and Joshua belonged together.  However, to make them see that was a little harder to happen!

Ingrid was a delightful character, one that I sympathized with and felt sorry for.  I felt for Joshua as he walked through widowhood and had girls that he didn't know what to do with but dearly loved.  Then top it off with inlaws who were spreading rumors that he killed his wife and my heart was heavy for him.

When Ingrid is treated less than kind by Millicent, the lady who she is "hired help" for, she leaves Millicent for a nice, kind, older lady.  I actually loved watching Millicent get what she deserved.  I didn't like her from the beginning and I had a hard time with her throughout the book.

I was captivated by the book from the prologue.  It drew me in and got me to the point that I had to continue despite all of the house cleaning that needed to be done.  I just had to see how things ended up for Joshua and Ingrid and whether or not they could learn to actually love each other or if it would just be going through the motions.

I am looking forward to more books by Serena Miller since I am fairly new to her.  I have been pleased with her writing-style and at how well she can get her story across.
_____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment