Friday, November 23, 2012

The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann

I'm not certain if this book is part of a series or not.  I researched it and I do know that "A Rush of Wings" and "The Still of Night" precede this book and this book continues on with the story that has been created in the other two books.  Having read neither one of those books, I was pleased to find this book easy to follow, the characters were clear to me with a little bit of history and I felt as though this novel could stand alone by itself.  I am going to track down the other two books, though, because I just can't stand to not know what came before this book!
 
I was gripped from the very first chapter.  The prologue did a great job explaining the history and my heart broke for Morgan and for his wife and precious daughter.  Knowing this was only a story, I found it so easy to relate as a real-life scenario in which loved ones are taken away by accidents daily.  Even though I barely knew Jill as a character, I felt as though I needed to grieve along with Morgan for a bit before I could begin to accept him possibly having an interest in someone else.  I liked Quinn and her personality.  It was endearing and an easy-to-like kind of girl. 
 
The cover of this book was intriguing.  It is kind of mysterious looking, but draws you to pick it up to discover what this book about.  The back synopsis does a good job highlighting the book without giving too much information away.
 
Suspenseful and romantic, this book has it all.  It is one that you will think about long after you have closed the book for the final time.
_____________
For more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/breathofdawn.
______________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment