Monday, November 12, 2012

Prayers of a Stranger by Davis Bunn

I really enjoy the stories written by Davis Bunn.  He is such a beautiful storyteller and knows just how to tug at the heart of the readers.  He paints vivid pictures with his stories and makes you feel as if your own heart is on the same journey that his characters are on. 

Amanda and Chris have suffered the most difficult loss that a parent could ever experience.  Their firstborn baby was born stillborn last Christmas and they have spent the past year figuring out how to heal.  Amanda's neighbor, Emily, has asked Amanda to go to Israel with her since her husband, Frank, can't go because of an impending surgery.  The both have their own reasons for wanting to go, but they are both seeking a miracle.  Amanda wants to be healed in her marriage, in her life, and in her heart.  She wants to be able to risk loving and being loved again. 

I was very fond of the story taking place in Israel and how much of an importance it played in the healing process.  I also liked the friendships that formed between Frank and Chris and how Chris held himself in the world of business.  I also liked watching the healing process play out over the pages of the book.  It was so real and yet so beautiful to see them learning to love again and to take risks. 
________________
I received this book free from Booksneeze Program and Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment