Friday, November 23, 2012

The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson

A beautiful Christmas novel from the perspective of a little girl is the perfect way to begin any Christmas season.  I always anticipate the sweet Christmas novels that come out because they are shorter and easy to read during a busy holiday season.

Set in 1937, Lucy is the main character from which this story is told.  She longs for a pony for Christmas, but her mother says that only rich people have ponies.  Her father died and her mother is left struggling and relies on boarders in order to feed her family.  The last thing Lucy ever expected to get for Christmas is the very thing that she and her mother receives.

I definitely had a hard time liking Veronica.  She was an annoying character to me because of her attitude.  I was very glad when she left the pages of the book and I didn't have to hear from her again!  However, George was a man that I instantly liked and hoped that he would be smart and not fall for the wrong woman.  I wish that I knew more about Lucy's mom, but I think that helped to make the book more special as I only know about her through Lucy's eyes.
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.



0 comments:

Post a Comment