
Amy Clipston is in one of my top selection for Amish fiction authors. She has yet to write a book that I don't like or am not excited about. I really liked this book and am excited to read book 2 in this brand new series, Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel series.
I liked the storyline, even if it was a little unbelievable in some cases. However, I don't mind unbelievable because I think that's the fun of fiction. I read it to get away from the believable sometimes! The underlying theme is easy to relate to. Hannah has a lot of decisions to make for herself and her family. I know that some could see her as selfish, but I saw her as someone who was trying to make the best decision and follow her heart. But as many of us know, when you choose to follow your heart, it's not always the easiest way. Hannah has to deal with the consequences of her choices and it touches her family, too.
I do think that this book moved along a little too fast at some points. I know she had a lot of story to get into the pages of the book, but I felt like some scenes were rushed (i.e. the courtship and several of the decisions Hannah made). They may have just felt rushed to me because I didn't have a chance to move my emotions about certain characters as fast as the book moved along. I needed some time to adjust to my new opinions of the characters.
I am definitely excited to read the next book in this series, though!
___________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers and their Booksneeze program in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment