This is one of my favorite contemporary fiction books that I've read recently. I laughed throughout this book at the many different webs that we weaved and at the different roles the characters played in the life of Miranda. The cover of this book is very attractive and eye-catching. Well done!
I'm hard to believe that this is the first book for Melissa Tagg. I can't wait to read more by her. She was able to make even normal, what might be boring, details into something that made this book stand out among so many others. I can't place my finger on what it is about her writing that was so good, but I was so wrapped up into this book that I had a difficult time putting it down. Maybe it was the humor! The story line was excellent and fresh. I loved her "husband" and found myself wanting 3 different men to make Miranda happy! They were all just too easy to like, even when they had some mean moments.
Miranda is the star of the homebuilding television show, From the Group Up. Her network is considering putting her show on the chopping block, even though it is loved by many and is so popular. In order to gain support, her producer and manager think that it would the perfect idea to let Miranda introduce her husband to the world. That'd be great, if she had one. Enter in Blaze who is ready to step up to star in the role of husband. And Matthew is ready to find out all he can about Miranda and the skeletons in her closet. However, he has to chose between revealing all or keeping secrets himself.
I can't wait to read more by Melissa Tagg. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long!
_____________
This week, the
Christian Fiction Blog Alliance
is introducing
Made to Last
Bethany House Publishers (September 15, 2013)
by
Melissa Tagg
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
A Word From The Author:
I’m a former reporter turned author who loves all things funny and romancey. My debut novel, a romantic comedy titled Made to Last, releases from Bethany House in September 2013. In addition to my nonprofit day job, I’m also the marketing/events coordinator for My Book Therapy, a craft and coaching community for novelists.
It all started when my dad, at the ripe old age of sixteen, picked up my mom up for their first date. She was thirteen. Thirteen!* Dad drove a cherry red car up the lane to my grandparents big ol’ green house and honked his horn…whereupon Mom jumped out of the apple tree she’d been waiting in and off they went…fishing. True story. (I’d give more details, but I’m saving it for a novella I plan to entitle Two Leaves. Mom, I really hope you read this.)
Four years of college, a few trips abroad and a stint as a reporter later, that dream is soon to be a reality. My debut novel, a romantic comedy titled Made to Last, is now out from Bethany House. Book two, Here to Stay, comes out on May 1, 2014.
In between writing and staring out the window brainstorming, I also work as a grant-writer at one of Iowa’s largest private nonprofits and serve as the marketing/events coordinator for My Book Therapy, a craft and coaching community for novelists founded by Susan May Warren.
And I love, love, love talking about finding our purpose and identity in Christ. (And well, okay, food, old movies, boots and scarves, my awesome nephew Ollie, and, fine, Tim Tebow, too.)
ABOUT THE BOOK
Miranda Woodruff has it all. At least, that's how it looks when she's starring in her homebuilding television show, From the Ground Up. So when her network begins to talk about making cuts, she'll do anything to boost ratings and save her show--even if it means pretending to be married to a man who's definitely not the fiance who ran out on her three years ago.
When a handsome reporter starts shadowing Miranda's every move, all his digging into her personal life brings him a little too close to the truth--and to her. Can the girl whose entire identity is wrapped up in her on-screen persona finally find the nerve to set the record straight? And if she does, will the life she's built come crashing down just as she's found a love to last?
If you'd like to read the first chapter of Made to Last, go HERE.
______________
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
A Word From The Author:
I’m a former reporter turned author who loves all things funny and romancey. My debut novel, a romantic comedy titled Made to Last, releases from Bethany House in September 2013. In addition to my nonprofit day job, I’m also the marketing/events coordinator for My Book Therapy, a craft and coaching community for novelists.
It all started when my dad, at the ripe old age of sixteen, picked up my mom up for their first date. She was thirteen. Thirteen!* Dad drove a cherry red car up the lane to my grandparents big ol’ green house and honked his horn…whereupon Mom jumped out of the apple tree she’d been waiting in and off they went…fishing. True story. (I’d give more details, but I’m saving it for a novella I plan to entitle Two Leaves. Mom, I really hope you read this.)
Four years of college, a few trips abroad and a stint as a reporter later, that dream is soon to be a reality. My debut novel, a romantic comedy titled Made to Last, is now out from Bethany House. Book two, Here to Stay, comes out on May 1, 2014.
In between writing and staring out the window brainstorming, I also work as a grant-writer at one of Iowa’s largest private nonprofits and serve as the marketing/events coordinator for My Book Therapy, a craft and coaching community for novelists founded by Susan May Warren.
And I love, love, love talking about finding our purpose and identity in Christ. (And well, okay, food, old movies, boots and scarves, my awesome nephew Ollie, and, fine, Tim Tebow, too.)
ABOUT THE BOOK
Miranda Woodruff has it all. At least, that's how it looks when she's starring in her homebuilding television show, From the Ground Up. So when her network begins to talk about making cuts, she'll do anything to boost ratings and save her show--even if it means pretending to be married to a man who's definitely not the fiance who ran out on her three years ago.
When a handsome reporter starts shadowing Miranda's every move, all his digging into her personal life brings him a little too close to the truth--and to her. Can the girl whose entire identity is wrapped up in her on-screen persona finally find the nerve to set the record straight? And if she does, will the life she's built come crashing down just as she's found a love to last?
If you'd like to read the first chapter of Made to Last, go HERE.
______________
I received this book free from CFBA and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.








0 comments:
Post a Comment