
My husband and I have had a lot of fun reading this book. We have been married for almost 8 years and we still learned new things about each other by using this book as a springboard for our discussions. My husband is rather quiet (I tell him he has a word quota that he allows himself each day), so it's been a good way for us to open up and really talk. Add in the busyness of 2 small kids, we needed some intentional, relationship-building conversation going on.
Since I was reading this book for review, I did these questions everyday for 2 weeks. Some days, I would flip through and ask other questions along with the original one we had discussed. It's actually made so that you talk about one question every Friday...hence the 50 Fridays question.
Each Friday starts with a Challenge question. Some of the questions are harder to answer than others and require some thought. I love how it tackles the good things, the bad things (like disagreements, things that each of you could change in certain areas), and the comfortable/uncomfortable things.
There's a short chapter (like 1 page if it was condensed) that you can read together or separately. We read it together. It was a nice way for us to end our work week together, since the week tends to be incredibly stressful and hit or miss sometimes because of work obligations, etc.
I'm planning to revisit this book and I think I just might be getting this for anniversaries of close friends or even for wedding presents. I mean, who doesn't want a great marriage that reflects Christ?! I want my children to see Christ when they look at our marriage and that takes effort and conversation....even when we're exhausted. Thanks for the very helpful marriage resource!
____________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment