
To be honest, I was drawn to this book for several reasons, but one of the big reasons was the cover of this book. I've never seen one like it and it looks amazing. The other reasons I wanted to read this book was because the title seemed like something I was interested in reading, and I wanted to know how to mix social involvement with the Gospel. I know there are lots of ideas based on cultural and political beliefs, but I truly wanted to step outside the political realm and read something that was based on the Biblical principles. I was curious to see if it help up to what the Bible taught.
I was pleasantly surprised that this book contained so much information. It went far beyond my imagination and opened my eyes to some things. I began to see the rut that we fall in (and I've caught myself falling into at times) where we share the gospel with a certain group in mind. We don't necessarily mean to, but we don't normally think of taking it to those who are so desperately crying out for hope and someone to believe in.
Since Tim Chester is a U.K. pastor, his perspective was very enlightening. It was also interesting to see how things were similar both there and in the United States. I also appreciate how Chester doesn't water down his words. He writes what he means and isn't afraid to make his readers think and perhaps, hopefully, become a little uncomfortable as they think on the different thoughts he has raised. I'm looking forward to reading more by Tim Chester.
_________
I received this book free from Crossway in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment