Friday, November 15, 2013

A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman

A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live  -     By: Emily P. Freeman
How can we glorify God in a million little ways?  This book explores all of those little things that we do that can and do glorify God.  Many people think that we were made for one big thing in life.  However, we were made to know and glorify God.

I like how this book is written in a way that paints vivid pictures in your mind.  As I read through this, I could easily picture the scenes she painted in my head, from her cold Michigan winters to Mary and how she knew the secret of the mystery of Jesus. 

There is so much wisdom in this book and I definitely plan to re-read it.  I know I've missed so many things in it, but my favorite quote is "Show up in the place where you already are fully alive as the image bearer God made you to be.  Embrace the mysterious, invisible work of Christ even when it seems like nothing is happening.  You are an image bearer and you have a job to do--whether you see the results or whether you don't."

It was impossible to review this book without revealing a quote!  By seeing the quote above, I think it gives you a good idea to the depth of the book.

I also liked the authors that she had to review her book.  I really like Ann Voskamp and Lysa Terkeurst.  They definitely added credibility to her book, in my opinion.
________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my  honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment