This book surprised me a lot. I wasn't certain that I would like this book, but I like to keep an open mind and decided to give it a try. I was wrapped up in this book from beginning to end. I never felt like I knew exactly all of the twists that came in this book. I really enjoyed the plot in this book. Michael Landon Jr and Cindy Kelley did an excellent job writing this book, in my opinion. It flowed together beautifully and I think the cover is even a great reflection of the theme of this book. Even the title is beautiful, as you truly see traces of God's mercy throughout this book in the way that He allows Mercy to heal from her injuries--both physical and emotional.
Mercy has amnesia and can remember nothing about herself...and that includes even her name. She decides to call herself Mercy. Mercy is trying to figure out new things about herself everyday. No one is able to help her out in remembering anything. The only thing that she has that might can jog her memory at all is a medallion. That alone doesn't do the job, though. It's by God's grace that she meets someone who knows her and her past and can help her get the answers she is so desperately seeking to find out about herself.
Mercy was very likable from the beginning. I could hear her pain of trying to remember and I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. It would have to be so frustrating! I liked the man who she encounters in a funny situation. I know it is quite embarrassing, but I could relate as I tend to meet people in humiliating circumstances at times. I think that added to the "real" aspect of this book.
This is the first book in The Medallion Triology. I can't wait to read the next one in this series.
________
Michael Landon Jr., son of television legend Michael Landon, is an award-winning storyteller, first in television and film, and now in books. His print works include One More Sunrise co-written with Tracie Peterson.
Cindy Kelley is the co-author of the novel The Silent Gift, and Traces of Mercy. Her career as a screenwriter with long-time writing partner, Michael Landon, Jr., began with the adaptation of Margery Williams’ classic story, The Velveteen Rabbit, which had a theatrical release. Several television movies followed, most notably Love Comes Softly, (based on Janette Oke’s novel) which won a CAMIE Award and the Epiphany Prize for Movie Guide’s most inspirational television movie of 2003. Cindy and her husband, Jim, make their home in the Southwest; have three adorable grandchildren and four big dogs who rule the house.
From Michael Landon Jr. and Cindy Kelley, authors of The Silent Gift and creators of the hit television film Love Comes Softly, comes an exciting historical romance set in post-Civil War, and filled with suspense and faith-building values.
_________
I received this book free from CFBA and David C. Cook Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.






0 comments:
Post a Comment