Sunday, November 10, 2013

Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond

Parenting by the Book  -     By: John Rosemond
Dr. John Rosemond has always been one author that I know I will always enjoy when it comes to his parenting books.  I own man of them and refer to them often.  I was excited about this book, thinking it would give me some more tips on how I can be a better parent.  It did do that, but it mostly reminded me of how I grew up.

I have tried to raise my children in a biblical way so far and refer often to the Scriptures to know how God deals with His children and have used that as an example for my parenting.  With that said, I felt like I had already done all of these things in this book.  I try not to make my children the center of my world and fight against it everyday.  I know that idea isn't as accepted in today's world where the world revolves around the children every moment of every day.  I don't want my children to be raised entitled to things, but it's an intentional fight we face every day. 

I liked all the reminders through the book of the things that matter and how it all starts with the heart and their character.  Rosemond writes in way that's easy to read and has lots of personal stories that he shares.  I appreciate that he reminds his readers to be the parent and not their friend while they are still raising their children.

Overall, this book is for those who have tried the modern way of parenting and are finding themselves stuck because nothing seems to be working.  It's not a revolutionary parenting book, but it is one that is informative.  If you're wondering what the Bible has to say on parenting and perhaps a more biblical way on parenting, then this book is for you.
_____________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment