Friday, June 15, 2012

The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler

In an age where many people call themselves "Christians" but don't necessarily know what the Bible teaches, this book is a very well laid out book that explains why we need to understand the true Gospel...not the one that we've warped it to be.  The explicit Gospel is a Gospel that tells us that we must live out our lives as an example of Christ and we need strong Bible teachers who aren't afraid to stand up on the hard issues and teach what the Bible says about the issues.  This isn't a book about being spineless or about narrow-mindedness, which many people say Christians are.  This is a book that challenges you to live out the Gospel.

I love listening to Matt Chandler on his podcast, so I was thrilled and anxiously awaiting his book to come out.  It did not disappoint me at all!  In fact, I highlighted this book so much and know that I'll be reading it several times just to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I appreciated how he shared his story of being diagnosed with cancer (which he still has) and how instead of letting it stop him from sharing the Gospel, he is using it to continue in his mission.  I think of it as his thorn in the flesh. 

This book hits on the hard things that many people have formed an unbiblical view about.  It varies from women in the ministry, hell, the prosperity gospel, and the social gospel.  There are many  more things he touches on, but I think these are the most heard about recently.  When Christians are moving so far away from the Gospel itself and into a more of a man-made, no sacrifice, God will give me what I ask for and make me rich for following Him belief, this book is bound to convict and bring you back to the Truth.  You won't be able to read it without realizing that you need to change some things in your life and you need to stop compromising what God says.

The Explicit Gospel is a book that will be passed down through the ages as both an encouragement to those who are followers of Christ and will serve as a reminder about what the true Gospel is about in the midst of so many false and man-made gospels.
___________________________
I received this e-book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment