Mary Magdalene is probably one of the most well-known ladies in the Bible and she has quite a range of views when people try to portray her. That's not what's important, though. The fact is that Mary Magdalene was a woman who followed after Jesus and followed Him to the foot of the cross. She wasn't perfect by any means. Throughout this book, Mrs. Taylor shares a nickname of hers, an ailment that she lived with and needed healing from, and shares her devotion to Jesus.
As with all biblical fiction, I feel like I need to say that this is not the exact Bible story, but it definitely follows the biblical text. However, as I'm sure you would figure out, since it is a fiction book, liberties are taken when it comes to the thoughts of the characters. I would suggest you read the biblical account first as a background and then grab this book along with it.
Mrs. Taylor did a wonderful job, in my opinion, of making her reader want to go back and read the biblical account of Mary Magdalene and her role in history. Another great book of biblical fiction, in my view.
______________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment