I am a huge fan of Dave and Neta Jackson. I own all of the Yada Yada Prayer Group books, and all of the books that followed after that. I was really excited to read this book because I've yet to read anything by them that I didn't like.
This is the first book in their new series, A Yada Yada Journey of Hope. This book includes many of the old favorites in past series and introduces the reader to Lucy Tucker, a resident of Manna House Shelter. The book goes back and forth between the present time and the 1940s to better give the reader a sense of Lucy's history and past.
Lucy is 80 years old and still lives on the streets of Chicago. Why? That's any one's guess until now. The story goes back to the wars, the migrant workers, the carnival workers, and even the homeless. Times were tougher then and she saw and experienced things that she shouldn't have had to at her age.
If you're a fan of the Yada Yada books, be sure to get this start of the new series. I'm so glad they are continuing with some of the same characters. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet so I'm very thankful they are being included in this book, as well.
For more reviews on this book, go to: http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/13501702/lucycomehome
________________
I received this ebook free from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment