This book showed me some areas that I need to really concentrate my prayers in for my husband. The chapters of the prayers for specific purposes are: When he feels overwhelmed, employment, work issues, when he feels inadequate, his finances, his health and safety, his relationship with God, when he is overcome with worry, his past mistakes, understanding God's plan for his life and dreams, his relationships with others, his relationship with you, his parenting, and his mind. That's a lot of things to pray for and it seems overwhelming at first. However, I love that she broke it down into several different ways that you can approach this. You can use this book if you need certain things at a certain time, if you're in an emergency and need something quick to guide you, or if you just simply want to incorporate this book into your prayer time each day.
For me, I am doing the 2 week part. I am simply taking a chapter prayer each day and am praying for my husband over the issue brought up for that day. I feel like he needs prayer, focused prayer, from me and I don't want to skip out on being a blessing to him by not praying for all aspects of his life. It's always hard to know how to pray for guys because they don't always want to share things. This book is a great help to guide women in the ways to pray for the man they love most. I honestly think this would be a great book for a struggling marriage, a marriage just starting out, or even a marriage that is a few years in. We all can begin to take our husband for granted and this book reminds you that we can't do that. Not only that, but the more you pray for them, the more you end up loving them. What kind of marriage can't stand just a little more love?!
______________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment