
I'm new to Bloomfield, but I was lost in its charm throughout this book. I really like the cover of this book and it gave me a clear idea to picture as I thought about and tried to visualize what Bloomfield looked like. I haven't read any other Bloomfield Novels, but I did download them when they went on sale the other day. I'm looking forward to reading them, as well.
Debby Mayne reminds me a little of Jan Karon. She has that same down home feel that Karon brought with the Milford Series. Neither were fast-paced reads with an intense storyline, but were rather good, calm, and settling books for those days when you just need a place to settle in and relax. The beginning of this book took a little longer for me to feel attached to the book, but after a few chapters, I was involved.
Bethany and Pete were realistic people, but I struggled some with their mothers. I'm not certain I could have handled those two! I kept thinking, "I'm glad my mother isn't like that.". I'm sure many people could relate to the over involved mothers, but I couldn't. That was probably why there was a little disconnect for me at times. Overall, though, I really did like this book and it was fun to imagine Pamela and Andy and that silly bird. Besides Bethany and Pete, Gina was another favorite. I liked her temperament. The whole parade and 10,000 people in Bloomfield idea was funny, too. Sadly, I do know people become obsessed like that when they are in small towns.
I'm looking forward to diving back into Bloomfield with the rest of the books I bought. It already feels like home to me!
______________________
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Debby Mayne is a best-selling author who has published more than 25 books and novellas, 400 short stories and articles, and devotions for women. She has also worked as managing editor of a national health magazine, product information writer for HSN, a creative writing instructor, and a copy editor and proofreader. Her novel, Love Finds You in Treasure Island, Florida received 4-1/2 stars from RT Book Review, and was named a Top Pick for the month of July. She and her husband Wally have two grown daughters, and live in Palm Harbor, Florida.
ABOUT THE BOOK
ABOUT THE BOOK
Widow Bethany Hanahan is trying in vain to fill an empty heart and an empty nest. The result is a home filled to the brim, but something is still missing. That’s when her new gardening club friends come to the rescue, encouraging her to let go of the past as well as the present clutter –emotional, spiritual, and physical. It’s not long before Bethany is finding friends, not bargains, to fill her days. But has her life become too full for someone like Pete Sprockett, a childhood friend, for whom her romantic feelings are beginning to bloom? Join the quirky, loving community of Bloomfield as they do what they do best – poke their well-meaning noses in and intervene in times of need –in author Debby Mayne’s second novel in what has become a five book series about a community where life is simple and love is real.
If you'd like to read the first chapter of For the Love of Pete, go HERE.
If you'd like to read the first chapter of For the Love of Pete, go HERE.
______________________
I received this book free from CFBA and B & H Books in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.






0 comments:
Post a Comment