
Beautiful book from cover to cover and in between! I think that sums up my thoughts on this book. After reading The Heiress of Winterwood, I knew that Sarah Ladd would not fail to meet up to my expectations of this book. The Headmistress of Rosemarie is the second book in the Whispers on the Moors series.
I liked William Sterling and I hoped I knew he could change his ways. Patience was the one I was hoping would end up with Sterling and not O'Connell. Little Emma was a sweetheart. I'm glad her story ended happily.
The characters in this book are very well developed. I felt like I had a good idea of who each person was and I could see their hearts. Through all of the surprises the different family members revealed, I could see and understand why the other person reacted the way they did because I could see where they were coming from. I hope that Rawdon and Lydia's story gets told at some point. I am awfully curious as to how they met and why he married her instead of someone else. While most of the loose ends were tied up in this book, there were still a few left to be tied. I'd love for Cassandra to find someone too. My heart broke for her but it was hard not to like Lydia.
The art on the cover of this book, both the front and the back are beautiful and elegant. It fits the time period perfectly. It also depicted Rosemere quite well.
I'm definitely looking forward to book 3 coming out!
Read more reviews on this book by going to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/rosemere-by-sarah-ladd.
_____________________
About the book:
Patience Creighton has dedicated herself to the Rosemere School for Young Ladies. But the return of the enigmatic master of the estate puts everything she loves at risk.Bright, sensible Patience knows what is expected of her. At twenty-five, her opportunity for a family of her own has passed, so she invests herself in teaching at her father’s school for girls. When her father dies suddenly and her brother moves away to London, she is determined to make the school successful.
Confirmed bachelor William Sterling also knows what is expected of him, but mistake after mistake has left him teetering on ruin’s edge. As master of Eastmore Hall he owns a great deal of property — including the land where Rosemere School is located — but possesses little money to manage its upkeep. When debtors start calling, he is desperate to find a new source of income, even if it means sacrificing Rosemere.
When a fire threatens the school grounds, William must decide to what lengths he is willing to go to protect his birthright. And when Patience’s brother returns with a new wife to take over management of the school, Patience suddenly finds herself unsure of her calling. After a surprising truth about William’s past is brought to light, both William and Patience will have to seek God’s plans for their lives—and their hearts.
Purchase a copy here.
Learn more at Sarah’s website.
_____________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment