Monday, January 20, 2014

The Calling by Suzanne Woods Fisher

The Calling, Inn at Eagle Hill Series #2   -     By: Suzanne Woods Fisher
Oh how I love Stoney Ridge!  I'm so glad that just because the Stoney Ridge series is over doesn't mean that I have to say goodbye to all of my favorite characters from that series.  I was excited that Uncle Hank came beck on the scene because he was always one of my favorites.  His loudness and carefree personality was always funny to me.  He and Fern had quite a few memorable moments back in the day!

I liked Bethany's spunk.  She reminded me some of M.K. with her personality.  She didn't care at all what others thought.  Her and that scooter cracked me up every time that was a part of the scene.  The scooter depicts her personality perfectly, I think.  She blazes in and blazes out!

Jake has always scared me a little and that still rings true in this book. I'm so ready for him to be caught so he stops threatening people and scamming them.  I want Allen Turner to find him and find out the truth from Tobe.  I might also be hoping for some romance between him and Geena. 

Jimmy Fisher has been another favorite of mine. He has grown up a lot though in this book and isn't the same annoying prankster that gets under the skin of everyone.  He mature a lot.

So many questions left unanswered at the end of this book.  Good thing that I only have to wait until July to read the next book in this series.  I hope Stoney Ridge stays as the main setting for a few more series. It feels like home to me as I read because I see so many familiar characters.  It's always nice to catch up with some old friends!
______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Megan! Thanks so much for reading my book and for giving it such a wonderful thumbs up! So pleased you feel connected to Stoney Ridge! Love your blog, btw. Warmly, Suzanne

Post a Comment